About Benefit Auctioneer Karen Sorbo
As a leading benefit auctioneer, Karen Sorbo's dedication, effusive energy, commanding yet elegant stage presence and precision techniques have engaged audiences across the country. Karen has raised over $600 million dollars conducting over 2,600 auctions since graduating from both the Missouri Auctioneer School and World Wide College of Auctioneering in 1993.
Karen achieved national recognition as an auctioneer and spokesperson for important and humanitarian causes. Highly regarded for her knowledge and expertise as a fundraiser Karen has been featured in local and national media. In 2011, she was selected as part of the 2011 "Women of Influence" Speaker Series by Minnesota Monthly Magazine. In January 2012, Karen's performing, humanitarian efforts and 20 successful years as a leading benefit auctioneer were showcased on Access To Experts TV.
Since she first began benefit auction work in 1993, Karen has been an active member of the National Auctioneers Association (NAA) and Minnesota State Auctioneers Association (MSAA). Karen joined the Women Speakers Associations (WSA) in 2012 as a founding member. She has mentored others and worked diligently to expand the exposure, presence and caliber of benefit auctioneers. She was featured in the WSA April 2012 eNewsletter as one of the "Women You Need To Know." The article chronicled the development of her drive and passion for benefit auctioneering as well as her stellar history of not only meeting, but also exceeding her clients' expectations.
Karen's level of experience encompasses successful financial procurement over a wide spectrum of programs including environmental, private and public schools, churches, community projects, and an ever-expanding range of non-profit organizations. Karen offers solid attention to detail and planning, powerful fundraising tools and exemplary service. With Karen, clients can rest assured that their benefit auction event will be passionately and professionally orchestrated by a seasoned expert.
- 2012 - Selected as a "Women You Need To Know" by the Women Speakers Association
- 2011 - Selected as part of Minnesota Monthly magazine's “Women of Influence Speaker Series”
- 2009 - Served as a Judge for the National Auctioneer Association's (NAA) “International Auctioneer Champion”
- 2007 - Recognized as “Woman of Note” by the Children’s Hospital Association (CHA)
- 2002 - Presented the “Counselor of the Year” Award by the NAA
- 2001 - Recognized as one of the “Top Five Benefit Auctioneers” in the country by the NAA
- 1999 - Presented the “Promotional Award” by the NAA
- 1998 - Listed in the “International Who’s Who of Entrepreneurs”
- 1995 - Presented the “Promotional Award” by the NAA
- 1994 - Presented the “Promotional Award” by the NAA
- 1991 - Crowned “Mrs. Minnesota International” and selected as one of the Top Ten Finalists for Mrs. International
- Missouri Auction School Certified, Licensed Auctioneer, 1993
- World Wide College of Auctioneering Certified, Licensed Auctioneer 1993
- 1993 to present - Professional Fundraising Auctioneer
- 1991 to present - Freelance Motivational Speaker